Well, it has surely been an interesting week. I went to the Dr. last Thurs. and my blood pressure was high. So she put me on some meds to try to get it down did some blood work for PreEclampsia and sent me home over the weekend to monitor it and told me to come back on Monday.
I went back yesterday and my blood pressure was still high and my test results came back not so good. My liver count was really elevated. So NO MORE WORK FOR ME!
She has put me on house arrest. I have to relax and rest as much as I can and get my blood pressure down.
So today was my first day at home. I slept in, painted my toe nails (yes, I can still see them, ha ha) and rested. I did have to go to a funeral because I was asked to sing with my praise team from church. The lady whose boss was killed in the Lexington Plane crash, her dad passed away. Please keep their family in your prayers.
So, now it is time to relax and take it easy. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful husband who is willing to pick up the slack when I am not able to. He fixed me dinner and I hear him in there sweeping the kitchen. How did I get so lucky? He even took a late lunch to come over and support me and Sandy and the family at the funeral today.
In other news, I am getting very excited for my friend Angela to come in for my baby shower in a couple of weeks. She is coming in from Midland and her and my best bud Jac are going to throw me a show along with some other folks from church.
I am so blessed to have such wonderful friends!
I will keep you all posted on the progress of my relaxation! Somethings are a blessing in disquise!
4 comments:
Hey girl! I will be praying for you! Bed rest advice: get a few good books and movies and rest! Take care and keep us all posted on how you are doing! Love and prayers being sent your way!
Sis, I have some awesome christian fiction books by Karen Kingsbury that I need to send you. I was wondering if you held it together for the funeral singing today. I was praying for you. Take this bed rest time to relax and take it easy. It will be the only time in your life that you will be without child come Dec. Believe me, sleep as much as you can. Because you won't be getting much come Dec. Love you. How cool about the shower so when are they throwing that for you? Wish I could be there to cheer you on. Love you.
Brooke, I will be praying for you and baby Emery. Please take your Dr.'s advice seriously. High blood pressure is serious stuff! I had problems during both of my pregnancies. Are you on any medication for it? I'm sure they told you to lay on your left side also.
Happy resting!
Sharon
I am praying for you, Michael, and Emery! I pray your bed rest will go smoothly. If you have to make emergency phone calls to your friends in TX....We will cheer you up!
Post a Comment