Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Homecoming!!

















Today was the big day. We brought Emery home today. I think that Michael drove about 40 all the way home. He is so cute with her. He worries that the bumps in the road are going to hurt her! Adorable!
It was a very sad day for us leaving the NICU. After 74 days, the people become your family. Andrea was off today, but came up to say goodbye and wish us well. We are going to miss her most. What a God send she was.
Emery picked the coldest day to come home. It was absolutely freezing, but at least she got to sport her warm fuzzy hat. She is such a diva!
Everything has gone pretty good tonight. We got home about 4pm and got settled in. Since she came home on O2, she has a monitor which keeps up with her breathing and heartbeat. Everything went well with it until one of her leads came looses and it was going off every 3 minutes. I think that I have checked to make sure that she is breathing about 100 times today. It is hard also to not just sit and hold her all night long. But then she may get spoiled.... oh who am I kidding, she already is!
It is so amazing to have her home! To be able to hold her and kiss on her anytime we want. What a wonderful thing, this motherhood!
Hope you enjoy the pictures!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray!! How exciting! She is precious and I am so happy that you have her at home now. YAY!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Michael, Brooke and Emery! Welcome Home!!!

Anonymous said...

She is the most precious gift from God. What cute pictures. I'm so glad she is home and doing well.

Grandee

Trina said...

Precious pictures!!! Yea! Praise God she is home now!! I will be praying for you as you embark on a new journey! Love and hugs,
Trina

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

Ok, I'm so loving her little fuzzy toboggan. Gosh, she's cute. What a perfect happy little family. Ya'll are glowing. I remember the ride home from the hospital with Luke you do ride 20 mph, especially when you know a cheeseburger's waiting for you at home upon arrival (wink)