Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Katrina comes to Kentucky


Well, we are seeing Katrina in the form of a tropical storm. We woke up this morning to a flooded basement, which is not good, because Michael has all his photography equipment set up down there. The water came in during the night under the door that leads to the outside... Lovely huh! But, as I type this, my prayers go to all the folks in New Orleans and Mississippi who have lost their homes completely. When you think of it that way, a little water isn't so bad. For those of us who don't live on the water, we should thank God everyday! Well, off to figure out how to get all this water OUT!

4 comments:

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

Oh sis, that stinx. I'll pray that no damage occured to any of ya'll's belongings.

Amber said...

WOW!! I'll be thinking about ya'll. Hang in there.

Matt and Cindy Fleharty said...

I'm so sorry! Let me know if you need some help cleaning up! You know I'm free!

Brooke said...

Thanks Cindy for the offer to help! Your the best!
Thank you for the well wishes!
We have fans blowing all over the basement with hopes that it will dry. In some places there is 2 inches of standing water! All of our laundry that had been washed and was waiting to go up stairs now has to be washed again. What a mess!!!