Monday, November 06, 2006

Big and Exciting Weekend

Emery and I had such an exciting weekend! My best friend from Texas flew in and her and my best friend Jacqueline and other great ladies threw me a baby shower honoring Miss Emery!
It was a truly wonderful and meaningful day. We had such yummy food and cakes, the decorations were darling and the gifts were amazing. We are so blessed and loved. Here are some of the gifts that I received. The rubber ducky picture is from my mom in law Mary. It was Michael's when he was a baby and she saved it all this time and gave it to Emery. As you can tell from the picture, it was very touching!
Angela made the blanket, diaper bag and brought the table and chair for Em all the way from Midland! You should see my living room, it looks like Christmas. Gifts are everywhere. We got so much stuff. I also was able to buy several things I needed with gift cards, and got her high chair etc.
I wish Mom and Sister could have been here, but I know I will see them soon!
I still have tons of thank you notes to do, so those of you who sent me sweet gifts-please don't think I forgot about it. I will hopefully get them done all next week!

Miss Emery had a fantastic weekend. She is 3lb 5oz now and growing. They have taken her heat off in her bed and are working towards her holding her body temperature which she is doing fabulous at (one of the criteria for going home). She took 17 cc's from her bottle (another criteria) and is still on a little flow of O2, but that soon will probably be off too soon (the last criteria). We are totally working towards her coming home. We were told maybe 2-3 at the most weeks left! Praise God! I am praying she is home by Turkey Day! All my friends got to see her thru the glass this weekend! They were amazed and Angela wanted to take her home to Midland. She is a love bug! Keep praying and we appreciate all of your love and support. I will post a new picture soon!

No comments: