Things have been so busy! Work keeps me hoppin! I love my new job. There are not many jobs where you can actually make a difference in someone's life everyday you go to work.
I love the facility that I work at and the people that live there I have grown attached to a few just in the short time that I have been there.
One in particular named Tim. If you have ever seen the movie Radio... that is him all over again!
He is legally blind and also has mental retardation. He is my buddy. He comes into my office and asks if he can play his CD on my computer. His favorite is The Bee Gees. #13 is his favorite which is Staying Alive. I haven't see him around at all this week, but he makes you smile when he does come around. I am so blessed to have found a job that I love so much. Thank you Lord for your blessings! I can't believe that I worked for Al Durso for so long. What was I thinking.
I have been "sick" lately. I have a cronic cough that has now moved down into my chest. I finally got some antibiotic and I am hoping it will rid me of having to cough every 5 seconds or so!
My purse business has taken off. The ladies at Oakwood continue to gobble them up. I am making UK (University of Kentucky) purses and they love them... you know people do "Bleed Blue" around here! I am so fortunate to have this one lady who bought one and has spread the word. She calls me everyday with new orders. I am really not even having to do hard core selling of them. The orders just come. It is nice to have some extra $$$ !
It is supposed to be spring here, but the weather is so crappy here. Rain/snow and cold! Bring on the real Spring!!!
Church is going good. We are trying out a new worship leader as we lost ours to Pastor another church full time. We are anxiously awaiting how God is going to yet again bless our church!
Our Youth group is slow going. Our kids are all about the fun stuff, but worshiping the Lord and Bible Study gives them short attention spans. But as my good buddy Judy says, just meet them where they are! So that is what we contine to do.
2 comments:
I am so thankful that the Lord has blessed you with a wonderful job that you enjoy going to work each day. The purse business sounds great. Keep up the good work and get well. I will be seeing you in a few weeks.
Little Moo
Sorry your sick, chica. I am so So SO glad that you love your job. You and I both know what a sucky job is like, so I am excited that you have found a good spot in KENTUCKY!!!!
Your purses rock. If I ever meet any people out here I'll pass along the word. My sis and I both love ours :)
Post a Comment