Sunday, June 25, 2006

Weddings and Christmas

Well, it was another busy weekend!
We had 2 weddings to go to...one Michael did the pictures and I did the sound for the wedding. The other we just attended. It was a couple from our church. It was an outdoor wedding (it rained all the way up to it), but it turned out lovely.
Today we had lunch with Matthew, Jennifer, Mary and the kiddos. Jennifer brought me the biggest box of maternity clothes! It was just like Christmas! There are so many things in there that I can wear! I am so gratful for them and for the clothes that Heather loaned me to wear and the ones that mom has found and sent!
We are looking forward to our visit to Texas in 3 weeks for Lukeys b-day! Of course Michael isn't looking forward to the plane ride, but once we are there, he will be fine!
We will get to stay for 5 days, so we will get some wonderful family time in! I am hoping that we know what we are having before we go home, so I can hit the great shopping that Dallas has!
We go back to the Dr. again in 3 weeks.
Michael was just diagnosed this week with Type 2 Diabetes (Cindy if you have any good Diabetic recipes, send them my way!)
We are really watching what he eats and modifying both of our lives as I am a prime candidate for it to and certainly don't want it! So please pray for him as giving up all the old habits is deeming to be very difficult for him!
Well, guess that is about it for now.

3 comments:

Phat Girl said...

Brooke, Tell Michael I have lots of recipes I can send you guys! I am Border-line diabetic. I still have to take meds for diabetes. I have learned if you limit your bread in-take (sandwiches, pizza, pasta, etc), and sweets he will do great! LOTS of veggies, & fruits. sugar-free jello and pudding are great! Whole wheat bread and pasta are great too! I am someone who can not completely take a certain food group out of my diet or I completely crave it........so I eat anything I want but in small amounts. I will photo copy some recipes and mail them to you guys.

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

Hang in there Michael. We're all in this boat together. Can't wait to see ya'll.

Matt and Cindy Fleharty said...

Hey brookie, glad I got to talk to you today. So funny about the Nville Starbucks!

Sorry I don't have any recipes for you. Type 1 is a completely different ballgame, but I do know that my dad has made lots of progress with diet and exercise. Good luck! It's definitely an acquired taste to switch to diet coke and whole wheat, but it will be SO WORTH it :)