What a whirl wind of a weekend!
Friday night we went to the football game of Joey, he is one of the kids in our youth group. They won 21-7 and oddly enough they are the LCHS Patriots (Lincoln County)... just like my high school (Lakeview Centennial)...so that was kinda cool cheering for the Patriots again!
Saturday we had a wedding to go to.. Michael and his brother Matthew shot the pictures for the wedding...then Michael had to play (drums) that evening.
Sunday we went to church, went out to lunch and came home. We were both resting for our afternoon Sunday nap, when Dave called. Dave is the Associate Pastor and Music Minister at our church. He asked Michael if he would be interested in doing special music that night, that the person doing it backed out. Now keep in mind that although Michael is a music major and was a band director for a short time, he hasnt picked up an instrument (other than the drums) in probably 10 plus years. SoMichael proceeds to tell him that, then says "Well, I bet you that Brooke would love to sing". Gotta love him!!!!!
So, we found a song in about 10 minutes and headed up to the church to practice for the hour we had until church started. I made Dave sing with me and I must say it didn't turn out too bad!
In other news, I am very excited that Mom, Heather and Lukey get to come visit me for my next surgery! Thanks so much to my sweet, dear friend Annie who made it possible. I love you!!
We will have so much fun visiting. Lukey hasnt been here when it has been cold, so he will get to see what a Kentucky fall is like.
Please continue to pray for Michael and I. My hormones are still all out of whack and between my mood swings and crying at the drop of a hat, I am sure it is frustrating for him... although as sweet as he is, he would never say so. I am still having a difficult time with loosing the baby, and am working thru the grieving process.
Well, that is about it for now. Just thought I would update before the blog Nazi caught me... Just Joking Heather!
4 comments:
Blog Nazi huh!
Sounds like a fun weekend!! I need to hear you sing sometime :)
I didn't know you could sing. I guess you learn something new everyday. I think about you daily, Brooke. I can't even imagine losing a baby!!! I do pray for you and just think God has something special in store for you and Michael. Just think- maybe next time- TWINS!!!! He will bless you with double joy. I know that it is so easier said than done, but hang in there. It seems that church activities are keeping you busy and your mind busy. Keep on keeping on!!! Love ya-
Brooke--I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I wonder if the Lord allows the babies of friends to play with each other in heaven? In that case, maybe our baby girl is showing your baby around. . .
Praying for God to comfort you!!
Hugs,
Sue
Post a Comment