Monday, November 21, 2005

Exciting Sunday

What a wonderful day we had yesterday!

We went to church yesterday morning and had such a great service. Our pastoral staff is phenominal. We announced our upcoming bowling and pizza night for this coming Sat. , but got very little response which was somewhat discouraging. Then we were asked if the youth could decorate the CHRISTmas tree this year. So we are going to do that before we go bowling.

Along came Sunday night!!!!
It was the annual Thanksgiving Potluck and worship service. WE GRUBBED!!!!! Such yummy vittles! Vola our pastor, asked several people if they would come up and give a Thanksgiving testimony, and of course he asked Michael and I. So we shared what we were thankful for this year etc. Many others shared as well and it was special to hear how God has been working in our church. Now here comes the most exciting part!

We announced our Snow Tubing trip that we planned for the kids. WHAT A RESPONSE!
Many of you know that our youth group has been VERY slow going getting started.
We had 2 sign up. A boy and his sister. Now this isn't just any boy, this is a boy that Vola told us about who comes pretty faithfully to church, but his grandparents told him that he isn't a Christian. How exciting! This is a huge step for this kid, and I am so excited that he is going to go. He also goes to the same Highschool that Michael went to and plays the drums in the band, like Michael did. So that is something that they have in common.
I just know that God is going to use Michael in this boys life and many others too!
Several kids have asked if Michael would be willing to give them drum lessons and just show them the basic techniques. So Michael told them he would start that up!

God is working in our lives in many incredible ways. I am so thankful for our church. It has been such a ministry to us in just the few short months we have gone there.
Please lift our youth ministry up in your prayers. Pray for Michael and I as we take this on. Pray for the kids and that we can spark an interest in them to come. Pray for preperation of their hearts.

God is good, ALL the time.
This thanksgiving I am thankful for God's faithfulness!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a special time in your lives and in the lives of the youth that you will impact. I know Michael and you will do a terrific job with the program. I am very happy for you. I certainly enjoyed my visit again to your wonderful church.

Glad to hear that all is well.

Love,

Mom

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

We enjoyed seeing you too. I know God has something very special in store for you guys as you lead this youth program. Your pastor seems very much behind your ministry. What a sweet spirit Vola has. I'm so glad that you guys have gotten plugged in. I'm thankful for my family and that we're all healthy. Love you sis.