Saturday, November 26, 2005

Turkey Day, Black Friday, Bowling.....

We had a very nice Turkey Day. Mary cooked a yummy spread and it was nice to just relax. Then we went to Brian and Eileen's for our traditional meal with them. We had a great time there too! Thanks for having us again.

Well, I swore that I would not venture out on Black Friday. But my sister in law Jennifer scammed me into going. We went to JC Penney, Peebles and then to the dreaded Walmart. I got out of all those places with just buying some peppermint chapstick and peppermint mocha coffee creamer... (guess I was on a peppermint kick-Tis the Season).
Pretty good huh! They had tons of sales by golly, but I abstained!!!!

Tonight we are taking the youth group bowling. So far we have about 10 that are going-which for our church is great. We called every kid on the list. We are very excited to see how things are going to progress with this.

Tomorrow will be church, Michael is taking the pictures for the church directory. I am so proud of my wonderful husband. He has so many incredible talents and he is humble about everyone of them. Most of all, he uses them to help other people. Doesn't get any better than that.

I wonder when Janna Bananna is going to have her baby. I am praying that everything goes smooth and that God wraps his arms around her and Wade during this time. What great parents they will be!

We sure missed seeing our Texas family for Turkey Day, but we are so glad you had a great one.
We love you! Sounds like you had quite an adventure on the road. Bad Boys Bad Boys Whatcha gonna do......ha ha

3 comments:

Beth said...

Jennifer had asked me if I wanted to go, but Chad & I had already made plans to do our shopping that day. She and I went a few times . . . and every year I said it was too early and I'd never do it again--but I always did. :-)

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

Yeah, we ventured out to Willow Bend Mall today to get some mac and you couldn't believe how LITTLE amt. of people were there. I think they're going to go bankrupt.

Brooke said...

Uh Ya, probably because the cheapest thing in there is $1000 ha ha!
I know Beth, how does Jennifer get us to go.. she is a sneaky snake!