Sunday, September 04, 2005


THIS IS THE DAY THAT THE LORD HAS MADE
LET US REJOICE AND BE GLAD


I went to let Mandie (our lab) out this morning and was greated by such a beautiful morning. Kentucky is so wonderful this time of year. It is trying to become fall, but still holding on to a few last summer days. Everything is so green and fragrant and the nights and mornings are cool.
I am so thankful to live in such a wonderful place.

Hurricane Katrina is still on my mind heavily. I am speaking in church this morning about our Bake and Yard sale that I am coordinating (we are donating ALL the procceeds to the Red Cross). I am going to read part of what my sister wrote- by the way Heather, you should think of using your talent!!! I pray that we have lots of volunteers and that God brings an overabundance of things for the sale. I pray that people will come from all over to check it out, and in return will find the Love of God! I am so thankful to live in a country where we can freely have sales like these to help others and don't have to get our governments permission.
Praise God for the country that we live in!

5 comments:

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

Amen sista. Love your pic. Glad mom could be at church with you this morning as you speak and start your relief efforts. Love ya'll.

Brooke said...

It was a very emotional time. I cried thru the whole thing. I said that I wanted to read something that my sister wrote and after that, it was all tears.... but that is ok, because I got a lot of people to volunteer and Vola announced that we are offering to take in 20 people in our church and people signed up to take them into their homes too!
Love you too!

Amber said...

I loved the pic. How gorgeous!! I would love to see Kentucky someday. Hope ya'll are having fun together.

Brooke said...

Amber,
You are more than welcome here anytime. We will show you a great time. The people here are wonderful and will make you feel at home!

Amber said...

I will just have to plan that in the very near future!! I would love to come and see your place.