Friday, September 09, 2005

Hot ~Tired ~ Worn Out ~

Ok folks here was my night:

Loaded 1 truck load full of stuff for the yard sale.
Went over to my mother in laws and added to it! It was piled up!!!
Went up to the church and mind you I had been praying that we would have stuff for our sale....boy do we have stuff!!!

People started to come as soon as the doors opened! And they just kept coming. One guy dropped off one truck load and then went home and got another. We have truck loads galore! 2 huge racks of clothes and about 8 tables stacked 2-3 feet high with clothes!
Books, toys, housewares, baby stuff, furniture anything and everything you can imagine.
We worked for 5 hours with only a 30 minute break.

Then we thought that we were done- my neigbor said that she had some stuff and I told her that I would get it when we got back, so we pulled in at 11:15 pm and loaded another truck load! It is now 12:03 am and we have to get up at 6:00 am to be at the church at 7:00!
WOW what a day!!! I am so blessed and thankful! We had 3 ladies in particular and mom and I that stayed and worked!
I am sooooooooooo excited to see what tomorrow brings! This experience has been so rewarding!
MY GOAL IS TO RAISE $1000 AT OUR SALE TOMORROW! I WILL KEEP YOU POSTED!

2 comments:

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

Oh, I bet you'll raise a lot more than $1000. My bet is $5000. Can't wait to hear how it goes. Have fun.

Amber said...

Well- if I would have read down a little further I could have read all about the success. Like I said with the other comment, this was awesome and I know you feel so good to be able to help like you all have done. I know it was so much hard work, but worth it!!